* * * * * * * * * *
Brad's afternoon edition. Click here to read Brad's morning jokes.
* Fremont Republican Charlie Janssen has withdrawn the Nebraska gubernatorial race. Which was a huge shock to me since I had no idea Charlie Janssen was in the Nebraska gubernatorial race.
* On Sunday, thousands of Americans braved cold weather to see the groundhog pulled from his hole. If the groundhog ever relocates from rural Pennsylvania to Hawaii, count me in.
* Over the weekend, the Peyton Manning penguin at the Henry Doorly Zoo & Aquarium began posting on Facebook. Imagine being the zoo employee called in to work on Super Bowl Sunday for this?
* Did you see Joe Namath's coat at the Super Bowl? He looked like he got lost on his way to the Iditarod.
* The game was so bad that first thing Monday morning the Chamber of Commerce asked Peyton Manning to stop saying "Omaha."
* I learned a lot from the Super Bowl commercials. For starters, apparently men are really, really dumb.
* How about that Bruno Mars' drum solo? I've seen Sen. Ted Cruz filibusters that took less time.
* The Super Bowl featured a team from Washington state vs. a team from Colorado – and the Jamaican bobsled team qualified for the Winter Olympics. It's officially the Year of the Recreational Marijuana Advocate.
* How about all that trash talking and taunting on Sunday? Of course I'm referencing President Obama's interview with Bill O'Reilly.
* Before the Super Bowl, President Obama was grilled by Bill O'Reilly. Some tough questions. At one point Obama asked if he could go back on “The View” and reveal his favorite flavor of ice cream.
* President Obama just sat down for a tough interview with Bill O'Reilly. The questions were so difficult I believe at one point Obama leaned over and whispered to an aide, "Book me on 'The Talk' next time."
* I'm beginning to think Obama is too into television. After one O'Reilly question Obama asked if he could phone a friend.
* On “Meet The Press,” Sen. Rand Paul discussed a recent Vogue magazine article in which he criticized Bill Clinton for “predatory behavior” regarding Monica Lewinsky. This pretty much amounts to a formal declaration by Paul that he's running for president.
* The only thing missing is he didn't say this while standing in an Iowa cornfield.
* Katy Perry said she wants to discuss space aliens with President Obama. Because she's a celebrity, Obama said he's willing to postpone the G20 summit for this alien discussion.
* A discussion on space aliens is still more meaningful than anything the current Congress has debated.
* Famed musical duo Captain & Tennille are divorcing after 39 years of marriage. “Love will keep us together” – well, apparently not.
* The Jamaican bobsled team has qualified for the Winter Olympics. To give you an idea of the odds, this is like Charles Barkley making the cut at the U.S. Open.
* The Miami Dolphins' stadium offers a new smartphone app that allows fans to see which beer line is the shortest. I don't think NASA is this technologically advanced.