Low- to middle-income taxpayers and senior citizens are invited to utilize AARP's Tax-Aide program, a free tax preparation service.
Free income tax preparation services, including electronic filing for federal and state returns, are available at eight walk-in sites. In addition to the following walk-in sites, appointments may be made for service at the AARP Information Center, 402-398-9582, and Kids Can, 402-731-6988. Plan to arrive no later than one hour before scheduled closing.
For more information, visit www.nebraskataxaide.org or call 402-398-9582.
Tax-Aide sites open to April 15 are:
• Immanuel Agewell, 6801 N. 67th Plaza. Fridays, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• Bellevue Senior Center, 109 W. 22nd Ave. Mondays and Wednesdays, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. (starting Feb. 5).
• Crossroads Mall, 7400 Dodge St. Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.; Saturdays, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• Kids Can Community Center, 4860 Q St. Thursdays, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.; Fridays, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• La Vista Community Center, 8116 Park View Blvd. Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.; Wednesdays, 3 p.m. to 7 p.m.
• Montclair Community Center, 2304 S. 135th Ave. Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• North Christ Child Center, 2111 Emmett St. Mondays and Tuesdays, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.; Wednesdays, 4:30 p.m. to 8 p.m.
• Sons of Italy, 1238 S. 10th St. Sundays, noon to 4 p.m. (closed April 13).