An electrical problem caused the fire that destroyed the 102-year-old United Methodist Church of Syracuse, Neb.
Syracuse Fire Chief Bruce Neeman said Monday that the State Fire Marshal's Office and an insurance investigator found that a fault in the electrical system was responsible for the Jan. 5 fire. Neeman said investigators told him that the fire began in the northeast portion of the sanctuary's attic.
Church services were held Sunday in a room at A.J.'s Coffee House in Syracuse.
The congregation will meet at the Unadilla United Methodist Church the next three Sundays before moving to a storefront in downtown Syracuse.