* * * * * * * * * *
Brad's afternoon edition. Click here to read his morning jokes.
* Bad news: A major winter storm heading for the East Coast may keep your out-of-town relatives from visiting on Thanksgiving. Worse news: They may arrive and the storm could keep them from leaving.
* Already, hundreds of flights have been canceled. The good news is, if you leave right now you may be able to arrive at your destination by Thanksgiving 2014.
* "Dancing with the Stars" is down to the final four – Corbin Bleu, Jack Osbourne, Bill Engvall and Amber Riley. Apparently they've now waived the requirement you have to be a celebrity?
* I think the American Music Awards got a little carried away on the Taylor Swift love. After she won pretty much every award Sunday night, they gave her the building.
* Miley Cyrus turned 21 on Saturday. Considering she's now of legal age, this may not be a bad time to invest in alcohol and tobacco companies.
* The acrimony in Washington, D.C., is out of control. Heard the latest? Sen. Ted Cruz is planning a 36-hour filibuster to keep Obama from pardoning the White House turkeys.
* The U.S. and five other nations have struck an historic nuclear agreement with Iran. The sad thing is that the Obama Administration finds it easier to negotiate with six foreign leaders, including the one in Iran, and can't communicate with House Republicans.
* The Creighton men's basketball team is heading for a series of games in California. What better preparation for the physical Big East than flying commercial over Thanksgiving?
* Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert vowed to veto the City Council-proposed resolution allowing people living outside the city limits to vote in our elections. If you live outside the city limits and want to participate in Omaha politics, you'll just have to join the MECA board.
* A lane of Southbound Regency Parkway was scheduled to close for one day beginning Monday at 9 a.m. I'm not sure why, but it may have something to do with potholes the size of studio apartments.
* People around the country are learning about our state from Alexander Payne's movie “Nebraska.” For example, I had a friend in Florida call to ask, “When are you people getting color?”
* Eppley Airfield has a new expedited security screening line. This thing is so fast that if you use it when flying the day before Thanksgiving, it only takes two weeks to clear security.
* Not good news for the president. According to a CNN poll, only four in 10 Americans think President Obama can effectively manage the federal government. Worse news: Three in 10 think he's over his head pardoning the White House Thanksgiving turkeys.
* According to a CNN poll, President Obama's approval rating has dropped to an all-time low of 41 percent. Because it's a CNN poll, it was worded: “President Obama is doing a really super job, right?”
* The city in Hawaii where President Obama regularly vacations at Christmas is asking the state to stop encouraging tourists to visit there. In an effort to completely stop tourists, the town is putting in a bid for the Kearney Arch.
* The Miami Dolphins cheerleaders' website was hacked and linked to a porn site. People on the website realized something was up when the porn stars were wearing less clothes than usual.
* Baylor University is building a 45,000 capacity football stadium. It'll be slightly smaller than the lost and found at Michigan's Big House.
* Jose Canseco was pulled over by police who found two goats in his car, one of them wearing a diaper. I think we have a winner in the “strangest carpool” contest.