Read about even more Halloween events (corn mazes, haunted houses, etc.) here.
* * *
By this point, it's possible you've been celebrating Halloween for nearly a week, but there's still plenty going on. Thursday's events include dance parties, live music, costume contests galore and good old-fashioned seasonal drink specials, for those who want to celebrate but are perhaps tired of their costumes.
1. Jerry's Bar, 6301 Military Ave., is having a Halloween zombie “apocalypso” party, in which guests are encouraged to wear zombie costumes and, say, leis and coconut bras. No cover, starts at 7 p.m.
2. Crescent Moon Ale House, 3578 Farnam St., is throwing it's annual Howl-at-the-Moon Halloween costume contest. Guests can partake in shot specials all night, as well as in $3 pumpkin beers. Wearer of the best costume gets a $50 bar tab. The event begins at 9 p.m. and there's no cover.
3. The Sydney, 5918 Maple St., is hosting a Ghouls Just Wanna Have Fun dance party and costume party. Caitlin Little, who hosts the Sydney's weekly bingo night, will also host the party, which will include drink specials, games, a DIY photo booth and costume contest. First place gets a $50 bar tab and second and third places each receive a $25 bar tab. Dancing starts at 9 p.m. and there's no cover.
4. Halloween is a big night for the Slowdown, 729 N. 14th St. every year, and this year is no exception. DJs Nater, Kethro, Jacob THieLE (of the Depressed Buttons and the Faint) and others will play dance music beginning at 8 p.m. Guests are encouraged to go in costume and there will be awards for best dressed. Cover is $5, and those who present a ticket stub from the Film Streams screening of “The Monster Squad” will get a free drink.
5. The Waiting Room Lounge, 6212 Maple St., will offer $500 worth of prizes for those who come in costume. Awards will be given for both best costume and sexiest costume. Drink specials will include $3 Octobers beers and pumpkin cocktails. The event begins at 9 p.m. Must be at least 21.
6. Capitol Lounge, 1011 Capitol Ave., will have a costume and dance party with music by DJ Travis Howe along with Project Aspect. The prizes here are big: First place receives a $600 gift card for table service, second gets $300 and third receives $100.
7. Halo Ultra Lounge, 17525 Gold Plaza, will celebrate Halo-Ween with DJ Sam E.C., a costume contest and cash prizes.
8. The Max, 1417 Jackson St., is giving away more than $1,000 in cash and prizes during its annual Halloween Costume Contest (there will, of course, be dancing, too). First place receives $500, second gets $300 and third wins $100, plus a special $100 prize will be awarded to the best newcomer in drag. Cover is $5 and the party begins at 9 p.m. with the costume contest taking place at midnight.
9. Digital Leather, as well as Plack Blague and Solid Goldberg will play at House of Loom, 1012 S. 10th St. A DJ will follow the bands. Music starts at 9 p.m. Cover is $5 with a Facebook RSVP and $8 at the door.
10. Beercade, 6102 Maple St., is calling its Halloween celebration “Nightmare on Maple Street” and is celebrating with free play of Nightmare on Elm Street pinball. The craft beer bar/arcade will also show “Nightmare on Elm Street” parts 1, 2 and 3, and will award prizes to both the wearer of the best video game-themed costume and to whoever gets the high score on Nightmare on Elm Street pinball. No cover and drink specials all night long.
11. The 21st Saloon, 4727 S. 96th St., is making Halloween a bit more bluesy. The bar will host Bryan Lee, a New Orleans blues musician. There will also be a costume contest; winners will receive bar gift certificates. The night starts up at 6 p.m. and cover is $10.