* * * * * * * * * *
Brad's afternoon edition. Click here to read Brad's morning jokes.
* The White House claims that President Obama didn't know anything about the HealthCare.Gov glitches, nor did he know about the NSA listening in on our allies' phone calls. The White House went so far as to issue a pre-emptive statement Monday that Obama was unaware of any glitches or scandals that could develop over the next three years.
* This is getting ridiculous. Now, aides are claiming that Obama was unaware that one kid at last year's White House Easter Egg Roll left without an egg.
* The deadline to sign up for health care has been pushed back six weeks. Ironically, that's how long you'll spend in the average doctor's waiting room once Obamacare kicks in: six weeks.
* This year, more Americans are likely to take their dogs, in costume, trick-or-treating. You think it's annoying when the doorbell rings at 10 p.m. and it's some kid?
* It's official: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West are engaged. He proposed to her at AT&T Park in San Francisco. Talk about awkward. Forty-five former Kim Kardashian fiancees just happened to be in the crowd.
* I understand the couple is registered at the House of Big Egos.
* After the Minnesota loss, Bo Pelini mentioned the "great" Nebraska fans. Oh, that removes all doubt: He's worried about his job.
* The Red Sox won Game 5 of the World Series by a whisker Monday night. Actually, with those beards, they won by 10 billion whiskers.
* Joey Chestnut consumed 121 Twinkies in six minutes. A record that's expected to stand until a dad gets into his kids' trick-or-treat candy on Halloween night.
* The U.S. could boycott Russia's Winter Olympics. That ought to teach Russia. Let their athletes win every single goal medal.
* If the U.S. boycotts the Olympics, that would mean those of us who want to see people sliding across ice in February will just have to watch Omaha morning commuters.
* The UNL bowling team is No. 1 in a national preseason poll. Like I always say, football is overrated. We all need to get more into bowling.