* * * * *
* In Moscow a dead man on trial has been found guilty of tax evasion. Russia is trying to get a dead guy to pay taxes. After hearing this the Douglas County Board said: “Hmmm...”
* On Tuesday there was a water main break near 72nd and Blondo Streets. Due to our budget problems, a MUD crew toting Scotch tape and safety pins was dispatched to the scene.
* Wednesday morning a two-block section of Blondo from 73rd to 75th remained closed. Oh, it's been repaired. It was still closed early Wednesday for the ceremony commemorating it as the 10,000th Omaha water main break in the past two years.
* As a regular Blondo Street driver I know the closure was frustrating for motorists. It must've been tough not having a place to tailgate during the morning commute.
* The parents of the quintuplets born at Omaha's Methodist Women's Hospital earlier this week seemed dazed at a press conference. And this is a surprise to....?
* I read that there have been six King Georges in Britain. It's the same basic principle as Uga at the University of Georgia.
* Documentary filmmaker Michael Moore has filed for divorce from his wife of 21 years. Apparently he found out she once voted for a Republican.
* A New Jersey woman gave birth on a front lawn. So Obamacare is finally being phased in.
* President Obama plans to visit Russia in the fall. He just got back from Africa. He will soon make history as the first U.S. president whose state of the union address air exclusively on the “Travel Channel.”
* President Obamta recently awarded several National Medals of the Arts. Obama is so celebrity obsessed I'm guessing the winners included Danny Bonaduce and Gene Simmons.
* Anthony Weiner has dropped to fourth place in the New York City mayoral race. This, according to a survey by the “Can You Take A Hint, Weiner?” polling group.
* Justin Bieber called Bill Clinton to apologize for spraying a Clinton portrait with cleaning fluid and Clinton told Bieber it's OK. If there was any doubt that Hillary Clinton is running for president in 2016 and needing to target the young voter, Bill taking Bieber's call removes that doubt.
* This had to be frustrating for Joe Biden. “Bieber has Clinton's number and I don't?”
* Bieber was impressed with Bill Clinton. Just think — “A 66-year-old dude with more groupies than me.”
* Sen. Rand Paul dubbed N.J. Gov. Chris Christie “the king of bacon” because of Christie's supposed record on spending. King of Bacon? Doesn't that sound like someone would be crowned the last night of the Iowa State Fair?
* The White House wants to promote Obamacare via the NFL. Considering the popularity of Obamacare, it may be more appropriate to team up with the U.S. Cricket League.
* Reportedly Congress is now serious about fixing the problems at the Post Office. OK, Post Office, I have good news and bad news. The good news: An entity is finally serious about fixing your problems. Now the bad news. That entity is ...