* * * * * * * * * *
This is Brad's afternoon edition. Click here to read his morning jokes.
* Some hotel rooms near TD Ameritrade Park are topping $500 per night during the CWS, tax included. That only works out to about $75 per run scored.
* People magazine is reporting that Kim Kardashian has named her baby daughter North West. Apple Paltrow asked, "What the heck kind of name is that?"
* North West. There is now a fine line between the names of celebrity offspring and GPS prompts.
* A Texas NBC affiliate cut away for a network promo during Game 4 of the Stanley Cup Finals and missed the winning goal. Fortunately, because this happened in mid-June, most Texans were watching the 27th round of the high school state football playoffs on another channel.
* The TV station program director, Heidi, said she didn't see anything wrong with it.
* Donald Trump's Miss USA Pageant crowned a new winner over the weekend. For the third consecutive year, the crown went to a contestant who said the biggest problem in the world is the lack of a viable Obama birth certificate.
* We just crowned a new Miss USA. That's not to be confused with the Miss USA Today Pageant, where the winner is based solely on who draws the best pie chart.
* On Sunday, Nik Wallenda will try walking across the Grand Canyon on a wire. Wallenda seems to love publicity so much that he'll be carrying the Kardashian baby.
* Lady Gaga served as a bridesmaid in a friend's wedding. This is a bride's worst nightmare. It's your big day to shine, and one of the bridesmaids shows up in a meat dress and 13-inch heels.
* A quick note for Miami Heat fans who left Game 7 early: The final score was Miami 95, San Antonio 88.
* The Clippers-Celtics proposed trade that's seemingly been in the works for weeks has a new dimension. Now, L.A.'s throwing in Frankie Muniz.
* There is online video of a rabbit who can dunk a tiny basketball. So, it looks like the Charlotte Bobcats have found their first draft pick.
* How about that huge dogpile when a CWS team won a game -- wait, those were Nebraska fans after learning the Huskers beat out Ohio State for a quarterback.