Congratulations to all those involved in the 2013 edition of the Cattlemen’s Ball. This year’s event, held June 7 and 8 at the Hanging H Ranch between Paxton and Sutherland, was expected to raise more than $1 million for cancer research. The ball is hosted by a different Nebraska ranch or feedlot every year. Since starting in 1998, it has raised more than $7.7 million. All of the funds remain in Nebraska: 90 percent go to the Eppley Cancer Center at the University of Nebraska Medical Center, and the remaining 10 percent go to health care organizations near each year’s host site. It’s a good time, for a good cause.