* * * * * * * * * *
Brad's afternoon edition. Click here to read his morning edition.
* Prince Harry arrived in Washington, D.C., for a visit on Thursday. Just to be safe, he was greeted at the airport by a group of dignitaries holding pants.
* President Obama has embarked on his "Middle-Class Jobs, Opportunity" tour. I guess that sounds better than the "Run For Your Lives, All Our Jobs Are Headed To China" tour.
* New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie revealed he underwent weight-loss surgery. That's not to be confused with new Rep. Mark Sanford, who underwent an ethics bypass.
* Here's a bizarre story: Officials in Oregon are baffled after finding an abandoned truck stuck in a tree 10 feet off the ground. Well, there is one possible explanation. Isn’t Ndamukong Suh from Oregon?
* Of course the truck was abandoned. Imagine when your insurance is up for review? “Mr. Johnson, I was perusing your driving record, and I see that,in March, your vehicle was found stuck in a tree."
* A California woman was driving down the freeway when she felt a snake crawling across her feet. Ironically, with all the other people texting, calling and eating, she was the least distracted driver on the road.
* There is speculation that the L.A. Clippers' coach, Vinny Del Negro, is about to be fired. This is a surer sign of spring than singing birds.
* The San Francisco Giants hosted 'Metallica Night.' How does it make Barry Bonds feel to be persona non grata at the Giants stadium due to alleged drug use, and then the stadium welcomes Metallica fans?
* The first NBA star to come out, Jason Collins, has revealed he received advice from 'N Sync singer Lance Bass. The odds of Lance Bass playing a pivotal role in one of the biggest sports stories of the decade? Approximately .000001 percent.
* Los Angeles Dodgers outfielder Matt Kemp paid tribute to his grandparents by getting massive tattoos of their faces on his chest. Only a professional athlete pays tribute to Grandma with a three-foot tat of her noggin.
* An alligator disrupted the Zurich Classic golf tournament. The worst part was when the gator tried to mate with John Daly’s pants.